Top 10 facts about Xiaomi
Things you need to know about Xiaomi?
What is Xiaomi?
Why should you need to know about Xiaomi?
Top 10 facts about Xiaomi.
Xiaomi develops and designs smartphones, applications for mobile phones and a lot of other consumer electronics including Mi Bands, power banks, camera etc.
Xiaomi is also the largest growing tech company in the world, finishing last year as 3rd word’s smartphone producer and seller and with more than 150% growth in revenue.
For those of you who haven’t heard about Xiaomi, you’ll be pleasantly surprised to hear that any moment now Xiaomi is going to become the world’s largest tech company. Yes, you heard it well, largest tech company in the wold, even bigger than Apple and Samsung. And if you want to know something more and interesting about Xiaomi, here are top 10 facts about Xiaomi we dig for you.
- Xiaomi – meaning of the name. Xiaomi literally means Millet and Rice, which is a Buddhist concep, also Mi is acronym for mobile phone.
- Xiaomi is considered China’s Apple. Most of Xiaomi designs resembles Apple in its elegancy, simplicity and minimalism.
- Three of top nine leadership positions in Xiaomi are now occupied by ex-Google employees. Co-founder and president of Xiaomi Lin Bin, ex-Vice President of the Google China Institute of Engineering and the Engineering Director of Google Global, Co-founder and vice president of Xiaomi Hong Feng, ex-Senior Product Manager of Google China in charge of overseeing Google Calendar, Google Maps and Google 3D Street View, and Vice president of Xiaomi Hugo Barra, ex-Vice President of Android Product Management at Google.
- Xiaomi is the 3rd world’s largest seller of smartphones, and 1st world’s largest seller of smartphones in Asia. In 2014 they managed to sell 2.1 million smartphones in just one day .
- Xiaomi doesn’t own a single physical store. They sell their product exclusively online via their website or through resellers such as zorook.com
- Xiaomi is not using traditional channels of advertising and do not support endorsements of any kind.
- Xiaomi is world’s fastest growing tech company with over 150% growth in revenue last year and is now worth north of $50 billion.
- Xiaomi mascot is an anime bunny called Mitu who wears Ushanka (a Lei Feng hat).
- Xiaomi started to sell their product in US and Europe this year, and just you wait, for couple of years we’re all going to have all around Xiaomi products.
- Allegedly Xiaomi’s cameras have built-in technology to make you look more attractive.